2 dayS tour /1 night
Visiting Yukon, or long time local and never did dogsled or winter camping? This overnight in remote wilderness is a great way to experience winter camping at is best, in a traditionnel heated wall tent, and enjoying a warm camp fire observing the northern sky with is special glow and tons of stars. On this 2 days immersion, our focus is mainly to share our knowledge on mushing traditions, care, feeding of the our pack of huskies and let you experience the special connection happening between a musher and his team. Doing one with your team, harnessing them, running with them uphill and stirring them downhill, following their lead as a whole team.
-Introduction to basic of mushing
-2 days of 5 hrs on the trail ~25km/day
-Night in a heated wall tent
-All food provided
-Winter clothing available if needed upon request
- Experience guide: french and english speaking
- Your own team of dog, driving your sled: 4 to 6 huskies by team
- All meals including warm lunch x2, dinner, breakfast
- Winter clothing if needed upon request : boots, parka, snow pants, mittens...
- All camping gear : sleeping bag -40, sleeping pad and a raise cot
- Personnal base layer and warm clothing
- Head lamp or any lamp required for this tour
- Any Alcoholic beverage
- Tips for the guide
want to know more...
+ Adult and Youth are driving their own sled
+ Child under 12 will be under the supervision of the guide and will be in the sled of one of the guide
+ Bring all your warmest clothes and your sense of adventure
+ Dogsledding activity can be compare to backcountry skiing in term of effort, trails are uphill and downhill, so a good level of fitness is required
+ Safety and well-being of the dogs are our main priority on our tours
+ Waiver must be sign prior to the activity.
Make sure you reserve in advance for availabilities